First, the good news! DG’s big secret is that she’s re-opening Ackerly Green Publishing!
On to all the other news. We spent this week continuing down the rabbit hole of Brandon Lachmann and The Devoted. We’re exhausted and frustrated, but we’ve finally made progress in the past 24 hours.
- Recruits pieced together Brandon’s RPG puzzle to find four beacons that when connected showed an X that marked The Triplets Bridge in Central Park. If the Traveler’s Disc was a real thing, that’s where it would be.
- With no one else available, CRSumner stepped up to investigate the bridge. He shot live video and broadcast it from Basecamp 33’s Facebook Page.
- You can watch the full video here. I’m just gonna say, Sumner is awesome because that park looks crazy spooky at night.
- Side note: Strangely, some people saw different versions of the coin in the video. Some saw two lines of numbers, some saw one line of numbers.
- Turns out the Devoted had gotten to the bridge first. But they left the disc so we could catch up to them. Not only did Sumner find the disc, but he also found a code on the back of it which took recruits to a new Brandon Lachmann trial. One that The Devoted had already started.
- We are now stuck in the middle of “Trial Two” which involves mythology, music, mazes, and 80’s TV shows. Just a normal week for the Mountaineers.
- We have just a little over a week until the 29th, the anniversary of Brandon’s death/disappearance. We have no idea what’s going to happen and no way of knowing if we’ll be finished in time.
Please join the conversation at the forum. We can only do this together.
Who is Brandon?
Who are the Devoted?
How did I miss the new trail??
Hi Oracle. Welcome to the fun! You will need to put in a little reading time to catch up. I would recommend starting here http://basecamp33.com/ back at the main BC33 page. Click on weekly recaps and you’ll be all caught up in a pretty short time - @Eaves summarises everything brilliantly for us. That will also give you all the links you need to visit the various pages linked to the trials and fragments etc. -T
Welcome @OracleSage! I know it must be overwhelming to jump in the middle of everything. I’ve been here since the beginning and even I don’t have a firm grasp on everything that’s happening! But, I will do my best to summarize and get you up to speed…
During the search for Fragment 2, we came across someone named King Rabbit. I won’t go into detail but suffice to say we aren’t fans of the big-eared royal. Anyway, he left us a clue that led us to the path to find the fourth fragment (not until after we found the third, however). That led us here.
Now, this is where things go off in a thousand different directions, but the gist is that Brandon did not die in 1986 and there is a group out there, The Devoted, who are trying to find him. They are asking us Mountaineers for our help. We believe finding Brandon, or at least discovering what truly happened to him, will lead us to the fourth fragment.
It would take a full minute to recap everything that we’ve done to get to where we are now, but hopefully if you scan the recaps or browse the forum threads they should give you a basic idea of the specifics. And there’s a timeline we have to follow since this all seems to be leading up to the anniversary of Brandon’s death/disappearance on 10/29/86. What’s going to happen? None of us know. But we are desperately trying to find out.
So that’s kind of where we are in a nutshell. I hope this answers some of your bigger questions. I know there is a whack-ton of information out there but don’t let that intimidate you. We’re so glad you’ve joined us and look forward to any help you can provide.
Continue the discussion forum.basecamp33.com