This is my recap for the week of July 24th. Another big week:
- Sullivan’s Green heir was found when a search alert turned up a blog by his estranged daughter, Deirdre. She’s travelled from the UK to New York City to attend to his affairs.
- Sullivan left Deirdre a few odd items: A yet unnamed book, an antique pocket watch, a loose book page that appears to be dated “July Seventeen 1889” and a handwritten letter that we’ve only partially seen.
- Our efforts to contact Deirdre proved fruitless.
- Deirdre posted on the 28th that she is staying in an undisclosed location in New York, a home her father had kept “off the books.”
- Ascender sent the BC Mountaineers a message in the middle of the night:
- “Don’t reach out yet. I might be able to connect with her. Wait to hear from me.”
And finally, the earliest recruits from The Guide to MAGIQ have begun to trickle in. They’ve started commenting on Basecamp Blog and asking some interesting questions on the Facebook Page. Welcome Mike and Paddy!
Next week we’ll have more new Mountaineers join us and we’ll hopefully hear from Ascender with news of his communication with Deirdre.
The items Sullivan left her should prove illuminating.
It’s stunning to think of how little we’ve found over the years… and now so much progress in such a small window of time.